HOW ST. PAUL SCHOOL WILL BENEFIT FROM THE NEW TRINITY HALL
By Fr. Pat G. Jakel, Pastor
St. Paul Church, Highland, Illinois
September 8, 2021
TRINITY HALL PROVIDES AN ACCESSIBLE SPACE FOR MANY SCHOOL ACTIVITIES:
- Currently, the band room which is the largest room in the school building, houses some public performances that are not accessible for some people, including grandparents.
- Activities or parties held in classrooms that are not accessible and can be relocated to Trinity Hall to accommodate those who cannot navigate the stairs.
- Total accessibility will be present for all attendees at all functions/liturgies/assemblies/events/Masses.
- The new choir/meeting room will be used for the students to practice before Masses, instead of practicing in the church. This will provide quiet time before Mass for reflection by others.
- Retreats or Days of Reflection for students and teachers can be held in the complex; providing eight breakout rooms for small group discussions, not including the church.
- Presentations by Catholic guest speakers will be held for larger groups or for the entire student body.
FUNDRAISING (The named events below are in part school fundraisers):
- KIRCHENFEST: Provides space for the flea market, chicken dinner waiting, nursery & bingo.
- SILENT AUCTION: Provides an on-sight option for the Dinner/Auction.
- Space for presentations by educators for multiple classes or the entire student body.
- Area wide teacher in services and ongoing education in Trinity Hall.
- Deanery Principals Meetings could be held in St. Paul Conference Room.
- Trinity Hall can accommodate Music and Band Concerts.
- Mission Carnivals, Spelling Bees and Scholar Bowls.
- Indoor activities could take place in Trinity Hall during inclement weather.
- Gym availability will increase by using Trinity Hall as an alternative to the cafeteria for events and meetings. (The cafeteria cannot be used when events happening in the gym due to noise transfer to the cafeteria.
- Concessions will be in the Trinity Hall Servery, instead of the closet at the entrance to the gym)
- The new restroom facilities in Trinity Hall near the gym will be used for the public during games.